What should my child wear to school?
Children at Calmore Junior School wear their uniforms with pride. We believe strongly that our uniform helps our children to feel a sense of belonging and identity.
It consists of:
- Grey, or black trousers, skirt or pinafore dress (no leggings)
- Shorts that are just above the knee
- White or pale blue polo shirt or blouse (with school logo)
- Blue school sweatshirt or cardigan (with school logo) (not a fleece as this is considered outerwear)
- PE kit: black shorts, plain, round-necked white T-shirt and a spare pair of socks.
In summer girls may choose to wear pale blue/white checked dresses and school logo cardigans.Black/Grey shorts may be worn.
School uniform can be purchased from MaPac.
For PE, your child will also require some well-fitting trainers and a dark coloured tracksuit (only in the winter) When swimming in Year 5 your child will require a swimming costume and a named towel.
An old shirt, blouse or overall is required for art/craft lessons to protect uniform.
Please label all clothing clearly with your child’s name.
If your child brings any personal items to school they are responsible for their safety, and we disclaim any liability.
Please note – it is our expectation and rule that all children will wear black school shoes to school. All shoes should be supportive and fit well, this avoids injury incurred from ill-fitting shoes. Trainers are only permitted at break times and for games lessons. High heels are not permitted for girls for safety reasons. We appreciate parental support on this matter.